Sunday 19 July 2009

Apollo 11 – The First Man on the Moon I.

Seen as it happened – The Liftoff. 
Sunday, 19 July 2009 
It is 40 years since the first human took his first step on the moon – Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. I was 18 and sat up all night watching my family’s black and white TV to follow this historic event. Finally, in the middle of the night where I lived, it was time for the Eagle to land on the Moon. With my camera, I took several pictures of the TV screen, to document for myself this truly historic moment in Homo sapiens history. I show some of these pictures here, as a contrast to the recently restored NASA pictures of this event. 
This is how it was truly seen around the world!

The Apollo rocket ten seconds to liftoff.The Apollo rocket ten seconds to liftoff at Cape Canaveral. This picture was taken when it happened, from the TV screen, in 1969. Copyright: Lars Carlsson

The Apollo rocket shortly after liftoff.The Apollo rocket shortly after liftoff from Cape Canaveral. This picture was taken when it happened, from the TV screen, in 1969. Copyright: Lars Carlsson


More pictures: 
Apollo 11 – The First Man on the Moon II. Seen as it happened – The Eagle has landed. Sunday, 19 July 2009 
Apollo 11 – The First Man on the Moon III. Seen as it happened – Moonwalk: Dancing Shadows. Sunday, 19 July 2009 
......... 

ZenMaster

For more on stem cells and cloning, go to CellNEWS at 

No comments: